From:
[log in to unmask] (Gary Mongiovi)
Date:
Sat Mar 8 08:44:08 2008
Pat wrote: "My point is that one cannot study economics ? as I defined it ? without regarding the invisible hand, comparative advantage, the quantity theory of money, and demand and supply as the focal points."

The theory of demand & supply is a post-1850 development and was not adopted by a majority of the discpline until after 1880 or thereabouts. Skeptics retained a small but non-negligible presence in the discipline until the mid-twentieth century. How then do Petty, Smith, Ricardo, Marx, Veblen etc fit into Pat's picture. Are they not economists?

Gary Mongiovi