From:
[log in to unmask] (Alexandre Padilla)
Date:
Thu Jun 5 14:03:33 2008
Dear members,

I am planning to organize two sessions on immigration, emigration, migration
at the 2009 Association For Private Enterprise Annual Meeting that will take
place in Guatemala City.

The papers that I am looking for are papers that deal with such issues (but
are not limited to) as: the impact of economic freedom on immigration; the
impact of government size on immigration and/or emigration; the impact of
economic freedom (or alternatively government size/public spending) on the
nature of immigration).  I am also interested in Austrian, Public Choice,
and Economic History perspective whether we talk about
immigration/emigration in Europe, America, or anywhere else in the world.

Those two sessions I am organizing  will take the format of a refereed
symposium with a goal of publishing the papers for a Special edition of the
Journal of Private Enterprise on those issues.

Editor of the Journal of Private Enterprise, Edward Stringham, and I concur
that publishing a special issue on this topic would be very exciting and
interesting since those issues have become very critical and a very hot
topic in policy discourses.

If you are interested in presenting a paper or have questions, please
contact me at [log in to unmask] I just need a title and a brief
summary/proposal so I can organize the sessions. I would like to have those
sessions ready as soon as possible. So, if you are interested in presenting
a paper on this subject, please submit by December 1st, 2008.

I would like to thank you for your interest.

Alex Padilla