Date:
Fri Mar 31 17:19:16 2006
From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross Emmett)
I would encourage participants in this discussion to look at the various contributions to
the volume that Roy mentioned earlier: The Future of the History of Economics (supplement
to HOPE, 2002). Many of the issues discussed here receive fuller treatment there.

Many of the participants have rightly noted that the curricular issues are related to
historiographic issues. I would suggest that the discussion would be helped by an
examination of the historiographic essays in Part II of A Companion to The History of
Economic Thought, edited by Warren Samuels, Jeff Biddle and John Davis (Blackwell, 2003).
The fact that I have an essay in that volume is only one reason to refer to it.

Ross B. Emmett