Date:
===================== HES POSTING ====================

Jonathon Mote percipiently said,

This suggestion would take you away (at least directly) from
contributors in economics, but Virginia Woolf's "Three Guineas" might
provide some interesting insights.  Most folks tend to interpret the essay
as an answer to the question "how to prevent war," but I have rather
looked on it more as a discussion of women's roles in the economy.
Tangentially, you might be able to link up the essay with Keynes, but I
don't know if that is actually possible.

Sure you can: Keynes read it and commented on it in draft.

He felt that the comparison of war with the socioeconomic position
of women was "going too far", as they say these days. So did Leonard
Woolf, who blandly labelled it one of Virgina Woolf's "dead" books.

A lot of feminists disagree. :)

Mary Ann

Mary Ann Dimand
Economics and Management