Date:
================== HES POSTING =======================

In a message dated 97-09-17 03:28:04 EDT, Chas Anderson write:

<< Would you mind naming some "of the most prominent mainstream
economists" who are bemoaning the current state of economics?  >>

Frank Hahn, James Buchanan, Wassily Leonteif, Paul Samuelson,
E. Leamer, Ronald Coase, Robert Clower, David Colander, Robert Solow,
Deirdre McCloskey, Israel Kirzner, D. Hendry, Friedrich Hayek,
Herbert Simon, Geoffrey Hodgson, Omar Hamouda, Robin Rowley,
and James Tobin, among many others.  There are 8 Nobel winners in this
list I've made only very quickly.  The list could be multiplied repeatedly.
An equally lengthy list of names could be generated from mainstreamers
who are happy playing the current 'game' -- but who are quite aware of
the failures of cognitive grounding for this little intellectual game they
are quite happy to participate in.

Some statements from many of the above on the unscientific nature
of current economic practice, and its general sorry state can be found at:

http://members.aol.com/gregransom/econqs.htm

Additions would be welcomed sent to me at:  [log in to unmask]

Greg Ransom
Dept. of Philosophy
UC-Riverside