From:
[log in to unmask] (E. Roy Weintraub)
Date:
Mon Nov 19 20:17:24 2007
Two of my students using the Spengler Papers at Duke have asked that I
post the following query to the list:

Albert B. Wolfe was an economics professor at Ohio State University. He
apparently was an institutional economist and demographer, and was
Joseph J. Spengler's thesis adviser (1930). Correspondence between Wolfe
and Spengler from 1937 makes mention of Wolfe's projected retirement in
ten years.

Might anyone know anything about Wolfe? For instance, what type of
population work Wolfe had done and whether that work linked to studies
of French de-population, Spengler's concern in the 1930s?

E. Roy Weintraub