From:
[log in to unmask] (John C. Médaille)
Date:
Wed Jun 4 09:58:02 2008
At 12:09 PM 6/3/2008, Pat Gunning wrote:

>Kirzner goes beyond the idea of economics as a
>science of wealth to the (non-mathematical
>neoclassical?) view that economics is the
>science of choice and action under certain conditions.

Wouldn't the "science of (human) choice and
action (under all conditions)" be psychology? One
might get the definition to work by saying, "the
science of economic choices," but then one is
back to the problem of defining economics. Even
then, economics as "human choices and actions"
would still be subservient to psychology, would
it not? There seems to be a boundary problem here.

Here's an interesting question: Which science do
advertisers, those wonderful people who help us
make our choices, rely on more, economics or psychology?

John C. M?daille