From:
Sandra Uetz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2008 10:11:33 -0700
I just did what John Bird did and encourage all members on this list to do
the same.  After all, $40 is just a tank of gas (at least in my area).  I
have not had the privilege of visiting the house, but it is on my wishlist
so I'd like for it to be there.
  Sandra Littleton Uetz

John Bird <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  I just went to www.marktwainhouse.org and joined as a national member,
$40.
I urge others to do the same! I'll never forget my first visit to the
house, especially when I walked into the billiard room, where I could surely
feel Mark Twain's presence. If the house were to go under, it would be the
worst catastrophe for the Twain world since bankruptcy and Susie's death
caused the Clemens family to sell their beloved home. I know it will take
much more than mere memberships to save the house, but I feel good knowing I
have done my small part...

John Bird