From:
Kent Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:40:18 -0700
A moment ago, I started to type twainweb.net on the URL line to go to
the Forum's web site but carelessly typed "twainweb.com" instead. To my
surprise, I landed on the web site of the Mark Twain Schule in Berlin. I
poked around the web site to see what I could learn about the school's
history, but my German is more than a little rusty, so I couldn't
understand everything that I found. I'm curious to known how the school
came to be named after Mark Twain.

I did learn one useful thing on that site: The German title for
_Pudd'nhead Wilson_ is "Querkopf Wilson." As a poor German speaker, I
would translate that as "Queerhead Wilson." However, I gather that a
more accurate translation would be "Awkward Customer Wilson."