AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Dan Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2008 22:48:35 -0400
I want to thank all who gave helpful responses.  However there is one
comment I wish to talk about.  One individual suggested that we at the
Grand Erie District School Board Archives should give them away.  This was
not only not helpful but the comment should never have been made.  No one
should be telling an institution what to collect or not to collect.  Given
our mandate is records from the School board we also have artifacts that
were used in the schools.  If I ask for advice again and an individual
suggests an unhelpful remark like this I will not hesitate to put on the
list as we should all be watchful of these people.  The discussion should
stay on the question and not go off on something totally unrelated to the
question.

Dan Walker
Grand Erie District School Board Archives
Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board Archives