From:
[log in to unmask] (Thomas Moffat)
Date:
Sun, 26 Oct 2008 09:26:52 -0400
A house guest of ours, Helen Opie, tried to answer a query asking for
information about her father, the late Redvers Opie.

She was happy to provide information on him.

As a reminder, he was English, was an associate of Keynes, and was a
British diplomat stationed in Washington 1941 to 1946.

Below is the text she had in her email response:

"Redvers Opie is indeed deceased.  Since he was born in 1900, that is
probably not surprisng to you.  He died in January 1984 - I think.  I
can get you the correct date when I get home again.  Because I am doing
so much whle away, I'd appreciate your reminding me in about 10 days,
when I am home again.  (I am his daughter, Helen Opie, born 1933. ) "

"If there is anything more I can help you with, I'd be glad to try to
answer your questions.  My niece may be a better source, she may even be
doing some geneological research herself.  When I get home, I can ask
her if she'd like to correspond with you, but haven't her address here. "

/I can pass along an email to her -

/Best wishes

Tom Moffatt