Sender:
From:
Jacquie Britton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:21:36 -0800
I'm sorry if you got the impression I was disappointed, in a way I was, but
for my friends, it was a wonderful show.  I kind of expected a bit more in
depth about this man and the era.  But to the average person, they at least
learned a few things.

I think I'm almost a minority when I say I enjoyed the music.  I guess I
love banjos!  I was hoping to learn more about him then I did but hey, you
can't have it all!  He's been my one life-long hero and I have whole shelves
devoted to his material and biographies.

I'm not a Twain scholar, I'm just a lowly senior in history, but Samuel
Clemens sparked that interest in history!  I live not far from where his
cabin is in the motherlode!  I've walked over the ground I'm sure he trod
upon.  I've visited the grave site of Tom Blankenship, at least I think its
his grave site!  I've read some of his works in the newspapers here in
California and am researching for my own edification, both Clemens and Harte
and the stories they published.

I cried Tuesday Because the special brought to me the pain he felt when his
family died before he did, and yet, I revelled in the fact that he lived
long enough to see the return of Halley's Comet.  Do I love Twain? Yes, I've
had a life-long love affair with "The Man Who Corrupted Hadleyburg," who
visited heaven with Captain Stormfield, and who wrote stories about doting
parents.

Claywoman

Author of:
Clouds Are the Creator's Fingerprints