From:
Warren J Samuels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 2009 10:42:34 -0400
From: "Gérard Marie Henry" <[log in to unmask]>
>Posted on behalf of Rustam Romaniuc
>
>Dear economists,
>
>The position adopted in my MA thesis (University of Reims, France
>under the direction of Alain Marciano) on "An austrian approach of
>transition: the importance of knowledge and cultural evolution" is
>based on five criteria:
>
>- acquisition of knowledge
>- spontaneous orders
>- individual behavior
>- Hayek's theory of cultural evolution
>- orthodox economics of transition vs. austrian approach

ABOVE ALL YOU MUST CONSIDER THAT  EACH OF THESE :CRITERIA, SO CALLED, IS
A PROCESS THAT MUST BE WORKED OUT; THIS IS EVIDENT IN TRANSITION APPROACH
WHICH REQUIRES THAT INSTITUTIONS, SUCH AS THE LAWS GOVERNING BUYING AND
SELLING, AND LAWS GOVERNING RESPECTIVE RIGHTS, DUTIES, OPPORTUNITIES AND
EXPOSURES AMONG THE ACTIVE AND INACTIVE PLAYERS.  WITHOUT THOSE SETS OF
RIGHTS IN PLACE, A WELL-SITUATED MINORITY CAN DO WHAT WAS DONE IN RUSSIA.

ALSO, THEIR IS NO "SPONTANEOUS ORDER:  SEE MENGER SAYING THAT ALL
INSTITUTIONS AND ORDERS ARE INEVITABLY A MIX OF BOTH.  SEE THE FOLLOWING:

"Hayek from the Perspective of an
Institutionalist Historian of Economic
Thought:  An Interpretive Essay," JOURNAL DES
ECONOMISTES ET DES ETUDES HUMAINES, vol. IX, Juin-Septembre 1999, pp. 279-290.

"An Essay on the Unmagic of Norms and Rules and
of Markets," JOURNAL DES ECONOMISTES ET DES
ETUDES HUMAINES, vol. 10 (Juin-Septembre 2000,
pp. 391-397; "Reply to Norman Barry," pp. 405-407.

Warren J Samuels