From:
Catherine Herfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2021 16:00:57 -0400
Dear colleagues,

The editors of the 'Journal of the History of Economic Thought', Pedro Duarte and Jimena Hurtado,
as well as myself as book review editor have been exploring strategies to increase diversity in our
journal at various levels. As one strategy to achieve this goal, we have created a book review advisory
board with the aim of extending our scope of expertise regarding the selection of books for review.
First, we aim at reviewing more books that cover research areas beyond the history of economics to
also include neighboring fields, such as history of science, science studies, methodology of
economics, sociology of science, economic history, etc. Second, we aim at reviewing books in all
those areas that are written within different language communities apart from the English language
community. Finally, we aim at covering books written about topics and/or in geographical regions
beyond the Western world. All members of the book review advisory board will advise and support us
in finding books for review and thereby help us to achieve those aims over the next couple of years.

You can find the list of current members on the journal’s website here:
https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/journal-of-the-history-of-economic-
thought/information/editorial-board

This list is also available at the HES website here: https://historyofeconomics.org/publications/jhet/

Furthermore, to make our book reviews more readily available, we have also changed the production
workflow such that all reviews are ready to be read soon after the journal accepts them. You find the
final, copyedited version of the reviews on the First View page of the journal here:
https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/journal-of-the-history-of-economic-thought/firstview.

We are grateful to everyone who has kindly volunteered to be part of this endeavor.

Kind regards,
Catherine Herfeld

----
Book Review Editor - JHET
Assistant Professor - University of Zurich
Web: https://catherineherfeld.weebly.com