From:
"Lee, Judith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2024 23:17:21 +0000
Dear colleagues,

I’m sorry to learn that the Clemens Conference has been cancelled, but hope that a few folks on this list will find consolation in the CFP here.
Judith

The Mark Twain Circle invites papers to be presented at the 2025 MLA Convention  in New Orleans, January 9-12, 2025.

Papers may address any topic related to Mark Twain, his life, and his writings. The Circle particularly invites proposals from graduate students and early-career scholars and topics grounded in contemporary approaches and concerns—what we might classify as “Not Your Granddaddy’s Mark Twain”—but all relevant proposals are welcome.

Abstracts of 350-500 words should be sent to Judith Yaross Lee, Ohio University ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>), by March 15, 2024.

For information on the Mark Twain Circle, see <https://www.marktwaincircle.org>.
For information on the convention and its presidential theme, see <https://www.mla.org/Events/2025-MLA-Convention>.

Judith Yaross Lee, Ph.D. (she/her)
Distinguished Professor Emerita

School of Communication Studies • Ohio University  • Schoonover Center 400  • Athens, OH 45701
Please request home address before mailing packages or important documents.

[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  • https://www.ohio.edu/scripps-college/comm-studies/about/faculty-student/leej<http://www.coms.ohiou.edu/judith-yaross-lee>

My newest book: Seeing Mad: Essays on Mad Magazine’s Humor and Legacy (University of Missouri Press, October 2020)
<https://upress.missouri.edu/9780826222138/seeing-mad/>