From:
"Peart, Sandra" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2012 12:47:17 -0500
The 13th annual Summer Institute for the Preservation of the History of Economics will be held at the University of Richmond, June 29-July 2, 2012.  The Institute offers a forum for graduate students and distinguished scholars to present work in progress or more polished papers to a lively audience. Our mission is to help young scholars connect in a workshop setting with young and eminent scholars in the field.  We invite proposals, by 9 FEBRUARY, on any topic in the history of economic thought. New participants are welcome, as are recommendations and submissions from any and all interested parties. We welcome suggestions and proposals in any area of the History of Economics.

We anticipate that the Institute will be able to offer modest honoraria for presenters and students. Participation by upper-level undergraduate and graduate students in economics or related disciplines is encouraged. The History of Economics Society will provide support for 5 students to attend. Conference events include good coffee and continental breakfasts, lunches, as well as one or two working dinners. Details about travel, housing and other matters will be posted early in 2012.

By FEBRUARY 9, please send expressions of interest or paper proposals to:

David M. Levy, Professor of Economics, George Mason University [log in to unmask]

Sandra J. Peart, Dean, Jepson School of Leadership Studies [log in to unmask]