From:
Sergio Noto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 2010 14:09:07 -0500
I am not very much confident that "Robber Barons" were interested in
developing a world of free researchers within the university they
contributed to found, as much as their successors do now. But I am still
pretty trustful that most of scholars and in a more strict sense the entire
community was mostly interested in developing an environment of free
research in economics and that they work for it.

In this sense I find a bit surprising and even self-injurer that many
economists consciously consider older theories as irrelevant to their work.
Since many decades it is dramatically under our eyes that economics has lost
the talent to understand economic situation and it is groping between
ineffectual abstract models and old fresh-painted economic theories. Should
we argue that economic scientists have ultimately abandoned the idea that
they ought to contribute to the development of human mankind?

Thank you

Sergio Noto