From:
"Colander, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 2009 13:50:51 -0400
We have progressed on the AEA calendar on which
we list the birthdays of famous dead economists.
To avoid discretion (and the debates that are
associated with it), we used a set of rules on
whose birthday to include. Specifically, we
included only dead economists that Stigler and
Friedland had included on their calendars done in
the 1970s. To that we added Nobel Laureates, AEA
Presidents, AEA Distinguished Fellows, John Bates
Clark Medalists, whether live or dead.  That
decision algorithm, of course, leaves out
numerous economists of note.  We do not plan to
include any additional live economists­that would
require too much judgment­but we are thinking
that we might include any really famous dead
economists who would not have been eligible for
inclusion for the Stigler and Friedland calendar,
but whom they might have included. Thus, I would
appreciate suggestions of very famous economists
who died between 1978 and 2009 who were not AEA
Presidents, AEA Distinguished Fellows, or John Bates Clark Medalists.

Thanks,

David Colander