From:
Loic Charles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 2010 09:25:30 -0500
Dear colleagues,

This is to announce that I am organizing on the
behalf of the H2S (History of Social Science)
group the second workshop on “History of
economics as culture (Histoire culturelle des
savoirs économiques)” to be held Friday 9 April
2009 in Paris (exact location to be disclosed
later). My intention is to bring together
scholars from different disciplines to discuss
from an historical vantage point, the place of
economics in our culture. Below are some
suggestions of topics that exemplify what will be at issue:

- To consider the interactions between art, literature and economics;

- To discuss the interactions between cultural or
artistic objects such as magazines, books, maps,
photographs, paintings, graphs and economic
thinking and to consider economic texts as
cultural items and to reflect upon the
consequences their physical form had on their reception.

- To consider economics as part of cultures
(political, commercial, scientific, etc.) of past
(including very recent past) societies; for
example, to discuss the economic representations
(or culture) of specific social groups such as
merchants, workers, business men, etc.

The workshop will comprise of 5 or 6 papers
containing genuine unpublished research. I have
already solicited a few papers but I have room
for two or three more papers. If you have an
interest in the above topics/issues, please send
me a proposal or no more than 500 words or a
draft paper of what you want to present before
February, 15 at this address: <mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]

If you are interested in the subject, although
but unable to send a proposal, feel free to
contact me at the same address for further
discussion/information. Also, last year program
is available here:
http://economix.u-paris10.fr/fr/activites/ws/?id=81&page=programme.

Yours,

Loïc Charles