Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2013 02:24:58 +0300
From:
Nicholas Theocarakis <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
There is of course the Spanish word incomunicado usually spelled incommunicado in English. According to OED it entered the English language in 1844.  More interesting is the Psammetichus experiment related by Herodotus book 2 chapter 2. On that see Antoni Soulek (1989) The Psammetichus experiment. Journal of the History of Ideas vol 50 no 4.

Sent from my iPhone