From:
Alex Millmow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2010 20:03:00 +1000
Colleagues,
Some of the the proceedings of the 23rd Conference of the History of Economic Thought  Society being held at the University of Sydney to be held in the first week of July is now on the HETSA web site at Hetsa.org.au.

Some of the papers, not all, can be downloaded.

The Conference has 25 papers Iinvolving researchers from Australasia Japan and Europe.
The Conference convenor is Matthew Smith from the University of Sydney who is als presnting a paper. Some 50 academic are expected to attend.

Best Wishes
Alex MIllmow
President of HETSA

>>> "Coffin, Donald A" <[log in to unmask]> 06/22/10 8:33 AM >>>
I have to admit that my work has been outside the history of economics (although a fair amount of my reading is within that area).

I am also very much in favor of moving in this direction and would encourage us to consider not jus POD, but ebook formats.  As ebook readers become technologically better (friends tell me the iPad is a major step in this direction, capable of handling color, graphics, and images with a facility that Amazon’s Kindle lacks), they will provide a better outlook for scholarly (and other) work.  It also makes sense to me that the HES should take the institutional lead in this effort.

I also recognize the concern of organizing the work of this effort, whatever platform it evolves into.  Having been involved with a (minor) on-line journal, I know that the editorial function can become a time sink, and one that may not receive the institutional support or recognition it deserves.  In whatever direction this initiative moves, the resource requirements will not be trivial.

Don Coffin