From:
Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1992 23:20:10 EDT
Someone gave me Sanborn's _Mark Twain: The Bachelor Years_ a couple of
months ago, though I haven't gotten around to reading it yet, either.  I
seem to remember from the preface that she had done some research at the
Mark Twain Papers and elsewhere, and turned up some new things.  Perhaps
not, though, since I haven't heard much else about Sanborn's book.  I
wonder if anyone else on this list has read it, and can fill us in?

BTW, I'd like to welcome the several new subscribers who've joined
TWAIN-L in the last few days.  For those of you who have been here since
March, I should let you know that I recently advertised this list on
AMLIT-L (American Literature Discussion), LITERARY, and NEW-LIST--which
has resulted in a jump to about 35 subscribers so far.  It's not many,
but then again, it's not bad, either, for such a specialized list as
this one!

Regards,
Taylor