From:
Daniele Besomi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2010 18:35:08 +0200
Dear Hansjoerg,

I do not know who owes the copyright of Rosenstein's words. Surely they are still not in the open domain (a number of years, normally 70 depending on the countries, since last publication of the words or the death of the author, whichever comes last). The repository where the paper of Rosenstein are held may know: you're lucky as they are at the LSE (http://archives.lse.ac.uk/dserve.exe?dsqServer=lib-4.lse.ac.uk&dsqIni=Dserve.ini&dsqApp=Archive&dsqCmd=Show.tcl&dsqDb=Catalog&dsqPos=0&dsqSearch=(RefNo='0324') ) and the archivists there are extremely efficient. Once you've identified the copyright owner, you start writing letters to him/her. If you're lucky you get a positive reply. If they don't answer, you repeat the query: normally two attempts are enough to prove you are in good faith. They may still sue you, but you're likely to get away with it.

Best, Daniele