From:
David Levy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:08:32 -0500
The 12th annual Summer Institute for the Preservation of the History
of Economics will be held at the University of Richmond, June 24-27,
2011.  The Institute offers a forum for graduate students and
distinguished scholars to present work in progress or more polished
papers to a lively audience. Our mission is to help young scholars
connect in a workshop setting with young and eminent scholars in the
field.  Past speakers include Brad Bateman, Mauro Boianovsky, Marcel
Boumans, James Buchanan, Dave Colander, Evelyn Forget, Dan Hammond,
Samuel Hollander, Kevin Hoover, M. Ali Khan, Anthony Laden, David
Levy, Deirdre McCloskey, Steve Medema, Phil Mirowski, Leon Montes,
Mary Morgan, Maria Pia Paganelli, Sandra Peart,  Malcolm Rutherford,
Warren Samuels, Eric Schliesser, Gordon Tullock, Anthony Waterman, and
Roy Weintraub.

For the 2011 session, we invite proposals on any topic in the history
of economic thought. New participants are welcome, as are
recommendations and submissions from any and all interested parties.
We hope to organize a day’s worth of papers on “Lost insight from old
Chicago” and to offer a day on the role of experts in the economy.
James Buchanan plans to participate as he has in past years. We intend
to present a paper on William Beveridge’s “Mock Trial of the
Economists,” so other papers on LSE themes would be particularly
welcome.

As in past years, we anticipate that the Institute will be able to
offer modest honoraria for presenters and students. Participation by
upper-level undergraduate and graduate students in economics or
related disciplines is encouraged. The History of Economics Society
has assisted in the past with conference expenses for students.
Conference events include good coffee and continental breakfasts,
lunches, as well as one or two working dinners. Details about travel,
housing and other matters will be posted early in 2011.

Please send expressions of interest, topics of interest, paper
proposals or queries to:

David M. Levy, Professor of Economics, George Mason University

Sandra J. Peart, Dean, Jepson School of Leadership Studies

--
David M. Levy
Professor of Economics