From:
Eric Schliesser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2010 03:00:04 -0800
As I point out in my JHET article on this topic, THE history of astrophysics is live physics and is taught in some astronomy departments:
http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=1855968

As i have argued in recent work, within economics Womack's Kuhnian rhetoric about the relationship between a 'science' and its history has  it's origins in George Stigler's writings and teachings: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1628102

 (Stigler got it from Parsons and Merton, among others:
<http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1584611>).

These moves are not innocent.
Sent from my iPad
Eric Schliesser
BOF Research Professor, Philosophy and Moral Sciences, Ghent University, Blandijnberg 2, Ghent, B-9000, Belgium. Phone: (31)-(0)6-15005958
http://itisonlyatheory.blogspot.com/
http://www.newappsblog.com/
http://coffeespotamsterdam.blogspot.com/
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/cf_dev/AbsByAuth.cfm?per_id=649484