From:
Mike Stone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2011 15:28:17 -0500
Sorry for the late notice, folks.  Opening tonight at the Martin Theatre in
Panama City, Florida (850-763-8080), we're doing The Boys in Autumn, a
wonderful play by Bernard Sabath about the later lives of Tom Sawyer and
Huck Finn.  Written in the '70s and premiered in the early '80s in Los
Angeles and New York, the play has Tom looking for Huck near Hannibal after
a less than stellar career as a vaudeville performer.  When they finally
identify each other and begin to reminisce and catch up, they learn that
both have come through difficult shoals in life.  Somewhat controversial,
because it refuses to let the two beloved boy characters remain boys, Mr.
Sabath's play fearlessly projects them into adult life---with startling
results---but remains good-natured, loving and wistful.

If any of you happen to be in the area during the next week or so, we would
love to have you!   Play dates are October 14, 15, 16 (matinee), and October
20, 21, and 22.  (The trouble begins at 7:30 CT, except for the matinee at
2:00).

Michel L. Stone

STONE & SUTTON, P.A.

116 East Fourth Street