From:
Tiago Mata <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 2010 11:55:29 -0400
Dear list,

This Saturday, October 16th, the Center for the History of Political
Economy is holding a workshop with the title of: "From History of
Economics to Histories about Economics". Please visit our conference
site for more details and the program, at:
http://econ.duke.edu/events/conferences/hope-fall-conference-2010.

In our introduction to the meeting we write: "Although most histories
of economics have been written by historians of economics, scholars
from other disciplines have on their own initiative engaged with the
subject matter of economics in their narratives and analyses. In other
words, the history of economics (broadly defined) is not, and has not
been for some time, the sole province of historians of economics.
Economic historians, sociologists, historians of science, literature
scholars, and intellectual historians have dealt with the history of
the subject and of economic thought. "

We invite you to watch the event in a live stream at:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/duke-economics

With my best wishes,
Tiago Mata