Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2011 08:12:57 +0530
Dear Pat Gunning,

I request you to think fairly on the point " Dose any one feel scarcity
without concept/sense of value in his mind?"   I say "No"

When the sense of scarcity appears on horizon as an infant, value enjoys the
status of matured age. The essence of my saying is...if we are not clear
about true nature of or constitution of "value", it is not possible to hold
a reliable opinion/discussion on "demand and supply" relation. Here Roger
had to bring "value" in the discussion, but, in my view as I have told, till
date controversies prevails when value (with improper understanding about
it) becomes one of the prime means of discussion. Karl Marx had said about
"use value" that is what I believe fulfilment of 1,2 and 3 conditions when
4th condition remains unfulfilled. But it is inevitable for any person who
discusses any vital topic of economics...he must understand the difference
between "value" (fulfilling all the four conditions) and "form of value".

A material substance or thing bears "Form value" when one or more conditions
out of four are to be still fulfilled.

If you are thirsty and a green coconut (with a hole pierced) is in your hand
has a "value". However, if the same green coconut is on the coconut tree and
you are standing under the tree with your thirst, the same coconut has a
"form of value" but not "value". If any one discusses vital issues of
economics without understanding the difference between "value" and "form of
value", he is going to invite contradiction in his ultimate conclusions.

Harshad Dave