From:
Mike Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 2009 20:43:54 -0400
Roger,

I include Marx at the end of the first semester of History of
Economic Thought (Mercantilism, Physiocracy, Smith, Ricado and
Marx).  My focus is therefore almost exclusively economic, but I
think that I don't do justice to the broader aspects of Marx's
thought and work--it's the old time constraint problem.  I also rely
almost exclusively on understanding Marx's own writing.  Although I
generally don't like abridgements very much, I have found /Karl Marx,
Capital: A new abridgement /edited by David McLellan ISBN
978-019-953-5705) to be quite good.  We lose some of vol. I, but I
think this is more than made up for by the inclusion of some chapters
from vol. III and Marx's "Results of the Immediate Process of Production."

I hope your seminar goes well.

Best regards,

Mike Bradley