From:
"Lee, Frederic" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2012 02:06:50 +0000
John,

I have some material on Fogarty.

First go to http://cas.umkc.edu/economics/people/facultyPages/lee/default.asp and scroll down the page to Oxford Economics and Oxford Economists.  In that manuscript you will find two letters from Fogarty to me.  They deal mostly with Andrews and the Nuffield Social Reconstruction Survey.

Second go to my book, Oxford Economics and Oxford Economists and look at the material dealing with Fogarty.

Third, go to my book on Andrews, "The Economics of Competitive Enterprise" and you will find a letter by Fogarty.

Finally, you could probably find letters and other material on Fogarty in the GDH Cole Papers at Nuffield College and in the Andrews Papers at the LSE.

He obtained a First Class Honors Degree from Oxford in 1938.  Since he had tutorials from Harrod, I assume that he was a member of Christ Church College--so you could contact the College to confirm this and see if they have any obit material.

Hope this is helpful.  I should note that Fogarty was probably in British Whos Who back in the 1980s--that is how I would have found his address to write to him for info about Andrews and Oxford.

Hope this is helpful.

Fred