From:
Art Diamond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 2009 22:03:15 -0400
Some of you may be interested in viewing a Lloyd Mints video clip
that someone has posted to You Tube.  Mints was a member of the early
Chicago School, along with better-known members Frank Knight and
Jacob Viner.  Mints wrote on banking, and the clip includes a couple
of comments from Mints on banks and bankers, from an interview when
he turned 100 in 1988----in our current situation, Mints' scepticism
of bankers seems prescient.

(My next-door neighbor, Lloyd Woodworth, is Mints' nephew, and was
named "Lloyd" in honor of his uncle;  he kindly alerted me to the
posting of the clip.)

The URL of the clip
is:
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ousX9KSZLQg>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ousX9KSZLQg