From:
"Colander, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2009 08:44:06 -0500
Dear everyone,

Many many thanks for all your help in providing suggestions for
quotations to include on the AEA calendar of economists.  Your advice
was so helpful that I'm slightly changing the plan. Instead of simply
picking up quotations that Friedland and Stigler used in the last
calendar for a number of economists, I thought I ask for suggestions
for the last set of people, and see which ones work best.

Below is a list of names of economists who will be included in
addition to the ones I sent out earlier.  If anyone has any short
quotations to suggest that captures the essence of these economists,
could you please send them to me by Feb 20th, when I will be making
the final decisions and sending them in. (There are more than 12
economists being included because we're making it an 18-month
calendar so it can be used for an academic semester.)

Edgeworth
Marx
Keynes
Ricardo