From:
Kevin Hoover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 2009 10:44:30 -0400
An Italian colleague reports to me that my having identified the
culprit in my plagiarism story as Italian has raised concerns that
some that our community might wrongly conclude that an Italian
journal was implicated in this case.  That was not my intent, and
such a conclusion outstrips the evidence.  While I don't wish to
widen the mystery, I think that it is reasonable to report that the
incident did not involve an Italian journal nor, indeed, was the
journal specialized in the history of economics.  I should also add
that, while I was surprised at the initial responses, all parties
except the plagiarist -- as I said clearly in the original post --
acted properly in the end.

Kevin Hoover