From:
Mauro Boianovsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2011 14:00:17 -0200
Fidel Aroche is certainly right that some of the original important
contributions to development economics in the 1950s were made in
Spanish and Portuguese, particularly in the context of the United
Nations Economic Commission for Latin America (CEPAL) by Raul
Prebisch, Celso Furtado and others. However, most of that was
translated into English at the time or shortly after. Indeed, the
debate about economic development was an illustration of the
internationalization of economics, a process in which international
organizations such as the UN and the International Economic
Association played a key role.

Mauro

--
Mauro Boianovsky