Sender:
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2011 15:49:04 +0100
8bit
From:
Dr Robert Anthony Cord <[log in to unmask]>
Approaching it from the other direction, there was also Keynes observing
in early 1909 that he had delivered his first economics lecture at
Cambridge "before an enormous and cosmopolitan audience – there must have
been at least fifteen, I think, but a good many of them really had no
business there, I am afraid, and I shall have to tell them that the
lectures are not suitable to their needs" (Keynes to Grant, 19 January
1909, in Harrod's 1951 biography, page 147).

Bob