From:
Danilo Ramalho <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 2009 20:45:41 -0400
Hi,

My name is Danilo and I am a PhD student in
economics at University of São Paulo, Brazil.

I am interested in studying the evolution of the
"natural rate of unemployment" hypothesis, first
introduced by Phelps and Friedman in the 1960's.

I sense that their original ideas were slightly
different and produced different developments as
well. On one hand, the new classicals turned it
into a radical equilibrium hypothesis through
walrasian market-clearing microfoundations. On
the other, the new keynesians turned it into a
softer hypothesis through the concept of NAIRU.

I would like to ask this list if someone knows of
any historical account already published about
the natural rate and its developments. If you
prefer to respond to me personally instead of to
the list, my e-mail address is [log in to unmask]

Thank you in advance for your help, best regards,

Danilo Ramalho