From:
Humberto Barreto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2010 08:24:41 -0400
I would just like to put my two cents' worth in about the change in
the way that writers of postings are now identified and the format in
which subject lines are structured.

In the past, the person writing the post was the named individual from
whom the email had been sent. The subject line would  identify the
particular thread that the posting was addressed to.

The revised system now has all postings as "Humberto Barreto
<[log in to unmask]>" and the subject lines are in the form of: the
letters "SHOE:" - followed by an indicator of the nature of the
discussion - followed by the author's name - followed by the subject
at hand. Recent examples are:

[SHOE: QUERY -- Wilder -- Austrian economics and business cycles]
[Re: SHOE: RVW -- Gunning -- Sylla on Reinhart and Rogoff, _This Time
is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly]

I don't know the nature of the IT problems that has caused this change
to be made, but I do know that this is a far less useful format. It is
now much more difficult to find postings by particular individuals and
it is near impossible other than by going through each of the postings
to group the various discussions so that I can read through the
successive statements. I am aware that I can go onto the SHOE website
but for myself, where I prefer to have these postings in my own hard
drive, this has become something of a nuisance.

I was therefore wondering if others are having this problem, what
solutions others have devised and finally whether it is possible to go
back to the original format which I believe is more useful. I
appreciate the work that the list moderator must undertake, but this
is only being posted in order to help clarify the issues.

Steven Kates