From:
Scott V Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2011 15:23:42 -0400
My appreciation of economics, no less than the history of economic thought,
took a giant step forward when I first began to interact with Warren
Samuels at the History of Economics Society meetings in 1991. Over the
years it became abundantly clear that I would not adequately perform my job
as economics editor at Cambridge University Press until I had found a
substantive way to invite Warren to make a contribution to the economics
list. It was the Press's good fortune to have Warren agree to revise a set
of essays on the invisible hand for publication, ably aided by Marianne
Johnson and William Perry. The essays will appear in September. I trust it
will serve as a testament to Warren's enormous intellectual and analytical
gifts that he shared so unstintingly.

Scott Parris
Senior Editor, Economics and Finance
Cambridge University Press, New York