From:
mason gaffney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2012 18:05:38 -0700
Sumitra Shah's comment is helpful.  Be assured that my question is not
rhetorical but completely straight and sincere.

Rabbi Hoffman seems to have tackled it straight on: commendable. At least
two questions remain, however:
	1. Is that Kuznets' definition, if indeed he had one?
	2. Is Hoffman's definition circular enough to be just a tautology?

It bothers me when one of our contributors avers that so and so many Nobel
Laureates in Economics have been "Jews". How did he identify them as such?
It is not quite as bad as taking U.S.D.C. data on NIPA as holy writ, or
saying that a recession "officially" begins and ends when Robert Hall says
so, but it betrays a little of the same mindset: "We gotta have a number!"

Mason Gaffney