From:
Doug Mackenzie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2014 08:53:14 -0800
Not sure how mathematical you want this to be Bruce, its hard to cover influential papers without some math...

Friedman, M The Marshallian Demand Curve JPE

Krugman, Paul. 1980. “Scale Economies, Product Differentiation, and the Pattern of Trade AER,

Lancaster, Kelvin J. (1966). "A New Approach to Consumer Theory". Journal of Political Economy

Hayek "The Use of Knowledge in Society" AER

Tullock "The Welfare Effects of Monopolies, Tariffs, and Theft" Economic Inquiry

Coase "The Nature of the Firm". Economica 4 (16): 386–405. 1937

Coase "The Problem of Social Cost". Journal of Law and Economics

Abba P. Lerner, 1934. "The Concept of Monopoly and the Measurement of Monopoly Power," Review of Economic Studies,

Lange, Oskar 1942. "The Foundations of Welfare Economics", Econometrica

Sen. "The Impossibility of a Paretian Liberal," Journal of Political Economy

Arrow, Kenneth J. and Gérard Debreu (1954). "Existence of an Equilibrium for a Competitive Economy". Econometrica

Grossman, Sanford J., and Joseph E. Stiglitz. “On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets.AER

Alchian, Armen A., and Harold Demsetz 1972. “Production, Information Costs, and Economic Organization.” AER

Gary Becker (1968). "Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach". The Journal of Political Economy or Gary S. Becker (1965) “A Theory of the Allocation of Time,” Economic Journal

Vernon Smith "Microeconomic Systems as an Experimental Science". AER

Spence, A. M. (1973). "Job Market Signaling". Quarterly Journal of Economics

J. Hicks 1939. "The Foundations of Welfare Economics", Economic Journal.

Samuelson P.A. 1954. "The Pure Theory of Public Expenditure". Review of Economics and Statistics,

Buchanan J.M. An Economic Theory of Clubs

D.W. MacKenzie, Ph.D.
Carroll College, Helena MT