From:
Scot Stradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2011 14:44:20 -0600
This is embarassing to explain to students.  We are a science yet we cannot present are cause effect logic correctly
in the most important graph in supply demand analysis.  It is an important intellectual point as well: Is quantity
the force that causes price to move or does price cause quantity to move.    I agree with other observers that
some preceeded Marshall and some followed him with this same view.  The interesting question is which one is independent
and which one dependent.  So much rides on this simple issue.

Scot A. Stradley, Ph.D.
Professor of Finance
Offutt School of Business
Concordia College