From:
Pat Gunning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 May 2011 00:23:42 -0400
On 5/8/2011 7:32 AM, gavin wrote:
> ‘Given [Samuelson's] centrality to economics post-1939, for over 70 years he was the embodiment of modern history of economics.’
>
> He certainly was,

This seems reasonable, although still debatable, only if one equates
economics with "mathematical economics" or with "political liberal
economics." Thus, the unstated assumption, it seems to me, is that
little else but mathematical and/or politically liberal economics
matters since 1939. A simple check of Nobel Prize winners should attest
to the hyperbole of such a statement.

--
Pat Gunning
Professor of Economics