From:
Sumitra Shah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 May 2011 14:12:25 -0400
I would like to suggest that the discussion be carried on the list. Because it raises some fundamental questions about the discipline and its role in the public policy domain. This goes back to John Stuart Mill's work in which he made superb analyses about the need for a deductive science, which would be meaningful only if the scientist learnt the "art" of political economy, by which he meant its applied branch. Some interesting work is being done by other scholars as well in this area.

For those whose patience is wearing thin, our moderator has already pointed out the role of the delete button in our inboxes.

Sumitra Shah