From:
James Forder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2010 08:58:01 +0100
One answer to that sort of thought might be that it would retain full value up to the end in the discharge of an obligation to the government. So you can always pay your taxes with your about-to-expire money, or if you don't pay tax, buy something from someone who does. That might go a long way to keeping the stuff in circulation, although aging money would surely go at a discount.

James Forder
Balliol College Oxford