From:
mason gaffney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2012 18:53:09 -0700
Paul Turpin writes:

"I'll make a pitch for Daniel Rodgers' _Age of Fracture_. It's an
intellectual-cultural-political history of the late 20th century that
has shifts in the influence of economic thought at the center of the
story"

Thanks, I'll have a look.
For an insight into how some leading Progressive thinking was zeroed out of
the academic canon in and after the same era, please give a tumble to "The
Neo-classical Stratagem", a chapter in a book I co-edited, The Corruption of
Economics.  It still leads an active underground life, but has not resounded
with major figures in our clerisy, left or rightwing. This is understandable
since it strips away many of their pretenses and fopperies, but the crash of
2008 calls loudly for such exposure, and this work goes on into positive
thinking and shows how to rearm ourselves to correct our faults and
weaknesses.

I concede this is self-promotion.  So sue me, but first read the chapter,
please!