From:
Doug Mackenzie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 May 2011 11:54:46 -0700
Friedman's article on Long and Variable Lags seems to be a good place to start- I have yet to meet a Keynesian who did not say that Friedman was right about how long and variable lags prevent fine tuning. Nordhaus's paper on Political Business Cycles would be another place to look- and the more recent PBC stuff by Alesina. The Mankiw-Romer intro to New Keynesian Economics, V1 traces the development of NKE. Mankiw also has an article on the limits of Real Business Cycles (in the JEL?)

DWM PhD