From:
Humberto Barreto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 May 2011 14:45:09 -0400
In addition to Sumitra Shah, two other people emailed me to suggest
that Dave Colander's discussion should be allowed to continue on the
list. No one explicitly said that I had cut off the conversation, but
I want everyone to know that I did not. 'Twas Dave himself who did
that -- although I grant my explicit call for self-censorship may have
influenced him. (It occurs to me that this list parallels academic
life, where the wrong people retire . . .  )

BTW, since I've had several discussions recently over folks not
receiving their own posts, this is a "feature" of gmail. It knows you
have a message exactly like the one it just received in your Sent Mail
folder so it decides not to duplicate it and deletes the message when
it arrives. (Probably more than you want to know, but gmail's folders
are all a mirage -- it stores everything in one place and your labels
are just for human consumption.) I then get asked why I blocked your
message when I did not and if I did, I would certainly inform you and
explain why. Whether sender, browser, or researcher, ALL of the
messages are in the archives:

https://listserv.yorku.ca/archives/shoe.html

May the discussions continue,

--