From:
Pat Gunning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 May 2011 10:00:53 -0400
Thanks, Ross, for your excellent and highly informed post on this
matter. I would quibble with one small part, however. It would be
better, it seems to me, to insert the word "only" between "been" and
"an" in this statement. Otherwise, one who aims to study "economics,"
narrowly defined, might neglect one of the very few great thinkers in
this field.

There is a deeper question of what it means to make a distinction
between narrow and broad, in referring to an economist. But that is not
relevant here.

--

Pat Gunning
Professor of Economics