From:
Eric Schliesser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 May 2011 11:30:08 -0700
I agree with Harro, which is why in my own own work I often happily draw comparison between 17th-18th century debates and those of the 20th.

But I agree with Collander that there was a vision/image of economics prevalent around Marschall and Cambridge (J.N. Keynes) that insisted on some such split (of course, the younger  Keynes was at Versailles, underscoring Harro's point), and that we can understand post WWII economic developments as removing that image.

Sent from my iPad
Eric Schliesser
BOF Research Professor, Philosophy and Moral Sciences, Ghent University, Blandijnberg 2, Ghent, B-9000, Belgium. Phone: (31)-(0)6-15005958
http://www.newappsblog.com/
http://coffeespotamsterdam.blogspot.com/
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/cf_dev/AbsByAuth.cfm?per_id=649484
http://philsci-archive.pitt.edu/perl/user_eprints?userid=3158