From:
Dieter Boegenhold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:00:35 -0500
Hi David:

I have the same problem as Humberto. I like to offer three
Schumpeter quotations without having a suggestion
which other ones could left out:

“The fundamental impulse that sets and keeps the
capitalist engine in motion comes from the new
consumer goods, the new methods of production
or transportation, the new markets, the new forms
of industrial organization that capitalist enterprise
creates”. CSD, p. 83

The “process of Creative Destruction is the essential
fact about capitalism. It is what capitalism consists
in and what every capitalist concern has got
to live in”. CSD, p. 83

“Economic analysis deals with the questions
how people behave at any time and what the
economic effects are they produce by so behaving;
economic sociology deals with the question how
they came to behave as they do. If we define human
behavior widely enough so that it includes not
only actions and motives and propensities but
also the social institutions that are relevant to economic
behavior, we will be dealing with a more real
conceptualization of economic life. ” (Schumpeter HET, preface, p. 21)

Dieter Bögenhold